Updating Facebook Ads Billing Threshold
You can increase or decrease your billing threshold from the billing section in Facebook Ads Manager. Changing your billing threshold will affect when you get charged for ads.
To increase or decrease your billing threshold:
- Go to the Billing section in Ads Manager.
- Click Payment settings.
- Click Manage.
- In the window that appears, you’ll see your current billing threshold and an option to change that billing threshold. Type in the new amount you’d like your billing threshold set at.
- Click Change threshold.
My Case Scenario:
One of my client requested me to change the billing threshold of their Business for Facebook Account from its existing $100 to $150. This account was approx. 1 year old and had a daily budget of $80 and above.
While making the required changes to the account, I came across the following message 🧐. The Facebook system continued to show me the same message even while trying after few days. Interestingly, It allowed me to reduce the billing threshold to a lower amount but that wasn’t my requirement.
If you decrease your billing threshold, this change should take effect immediately. If you increase your billing threshold, it may take time for those changes to appear and there are a few reasons why. The first is that your billing threshold works by charging your ad account each time you reach your existing threshold. When you reach your threshold and our system is able to successfully charge your account and receive the payment, your threshold can then potentially be increased. However, it may take a few successful payments at your current threshold before that happens.
The second reason is that it’s possible your request for an increase may need to be reviewed and go through an approval process.
In general, Facebook Ads team wants advertisers to ensure the following points:
- You have not recently failed a payment and your account is not unsettled.
- You are not requesting a lower threshold than your current threshold.
- Your ad account is active and not deactivated.
- You are enrolled in Threshold Billing: You will only be enrolled if your primary payment method is a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account
After you’ve made a few successful payments at your current billing threshold, you will have a higher chance of being able to increase your billing threshold. You may check the status of your increase by going to facebook.com/support