As digital marketers, we live in a time when changes are constant, and we have had to adapt quickly and effectively to them. In marketing, new strategies and trends emerge that change how we must draw, connect with, and sell customers. However, it’s not always enough to just keep pace with these exciting yet never-ending transformations.
Digital Marketing Projections for 2022:
- The estimated Ad spending in the Digital Advertising market is projected to reach US$515,277m in 2022.
- In the Digital Advertising market, 70% of total ad spending will be generated through mobile in 2026.
- Non-Programmatic ad spending share will continue to increase.
- Ad spending in the Video Advertising segment is projected to reach US$106,879m in 2022. Video Advertising in mobile will dominate desktop devices.
Data Source: Statista
In the upcoming years, especially in 2022 – We will undergo considerable changes due to the roller coaster ride of the pandemic events from the past two years.
Below are the top trends for digital marketing in 2022:
- Use Other Pay-Per-Click Platforms: When it comes to PPC, most of us only think about Google Ads (Google AdWords). However, this isn’t the only PPC network out there to meet your marketing requirements. Deciding where to invest in advertising can depend on several factors, i.e., Platform use base, Volume for ad serving, Creative opportunities, and Advertiser’ budget.
Other PPC platforms, i.e., Microsoft ads, can give you the advantage of advertising to the remaining one-third of the PPC market and expose your business brand to a different market.
- Optimized for Mobile – ‘Mobile devices are the king.’ Typically, a smartphone doesn’t spend more than an hour away from its user’s palm, and it is the go-to source for managing day-to-day life.
“70% of paid search impressions occur on mobile devices.”
I encourage you to ensure that your website is mobile optimized. Use Google Page Speed Insights to optimize your website’s homepage, landing pages for Desktop & Mobile devices.
Incorporate mobile device aspects into your current PPC strategy and keep updated with the latest trends and features that PPC can offer you when optimizing mobile device users.
- Boost Results with AI and Automation – AI (Artificial Intelligence) can optimize your targeted long-tail keywords, which is generally ‘hard to do’ with rules-based automation processes or poorly developed automation tools.
Here’s how AI and automation can combinedly contribute to the cause:
a. Automated research and intelligent bidding strategies for your targeted keywords.
b. A/B Ad testing.
c. Bid recommendations to achieve maximum traffic to your campaigns.
d. Ad performance based on keywords quality score including Ad relevance and CTR estimates.
AI does a great job in analyzing your marketing data and deficiencies.
Also, supporting how automation works to manage PPC accounts. Many advertisers leverage AI and automation to improve strategies to optimize better performance such as CTR, Bids, and Targeting.
- Include Video Ads – Across the globe, over 665 million households own Televisions. With more people staying home due to #COVID19, it has become their go -source of entertainment, especially with YouTube at number one on the list of channels used.
Average digital consumption (including smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, laptops, smart speakers, and televisions) has more than doubled since Covid 19 started.
The idea here is to create video advertising content to promote brands through the Internet. This is to be able to display advertising campaigns on different streaming platforms.
- Consider Voice Assistance – Alexa, Cortana, Siri, and Google – I’m sure you use at least two of these voice assistants on a regular basis to perform voice searches from your phone, laptop, smart devices, speakers, or TV. Voice Assistants are getting much popular these days because speaking comes more naturally and is relatively effortless compared to typing. This is where ‘Voice Search’ makes perfect sense.
It’s a brilliant technological innovation that is already altering how we communicate digitally. To get started, Include an Ad Group that focuses on conversational, long-tail, and question-oriented keywords.
- Create Shorter Video Ads – Five or Six seconds that’s all you have to make a good impression for your business. It may seem short, but it has become a marketing success.
“25% of adults say that they generally close out a video advertisement after only 10 seconds.”
So, if you’re going to advertise PPC video ads, then short video ads are the key to engaging audiences that will convert.
I prefer the Canva Pro video editor tool for my Video Ads which comes along with various Ad templates which can be effortlessly customized as per your requirements.
- Advertise in Video Games – As the #Covid19 pandemic continues, gamers invest more time online playing video games and are more likely to be exposed to in-game display ads.
You may consider a variety of Ad formats available throughout the behavior of gamers:
a. Interstitial ads primarily used during game breaks.
b. Reward ads which are the ‘win currency’ for mobile app consumption and lead generation.
c. Traditional Banner ads displayed within games for higher taps/clicks.
Consumers will always continue to become more demanding. And that’s the reason, it’s best to start adopting alternative advertising methods, experiment measures, and ensure that they work.
It’s essential to be aware of what trends are coming up in the future. So you can prepare for them now and stay ahead of the competition.
As a digital marketer, you must continue to adapt and find ways to cater to the growing demands of your consumers. Prepare yourself and your business for future surprises and keep these trends in mind if you want to have a winning strategy.